(Senior) Developer Cloud
- Functie: (Senior) Developer Cloud
- Afdeling: Advanced Solutions
- Opleidingsniveau: HBO, WO
- Locatie: Rotterdam
- Werkweek: Full-time
- Werkervaring: minimaal 3 jaar
To strengthen our Global Tech Data Cloud platform and marketplace, we are looking for a new member to join our IT Cloud Solutions team in Rotterdam.
You will be part of our selective group of highly skilled people in an innovative and international team, located in the centre of Rotterdam. Working on a great technology challenge: building an orchestration- and provisioning platform to provision any sort of resource (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) onto any sort of cloud resource (public or private clouds).
Our unique technology contains multiple cloud modules, which connect with different virtualization technologies, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, VMWare. Our platform is mostly built on Java.
- Analyzes, designs, and codes to address business and technical requirements for new or existing software;
- Ensures that all facets of delivered code is performant, robust, secure, and of high quality;
- Analyzes new technologies and 3rd party products, as requested, and provides input to team management;
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems;
- Works in a highly agile and collaboration environment, yet sets and delivers on personal goals;
- Performs unit and performance testing, and other testing as needed to meet objectives;
- Coordinates and schedules change control, and prepares required documentation, as necessary;
- Ensures software is produced in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
Your profile and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in Computer Science/ Engineering;
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java;
- Certification in and experience with Scrum is a strong advantage;
- Certification in Java (OCJP, OCWCD or similar) is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of software development lifecycle in general with an emphasis on agile software development practices;
- Good knowledge of and experience with system analysis, architecture & design patterns, distributed applications, OOP, Webservices (REST / SOAP / JSON);
- Experienced with the Java programming language, frameworks, developer and debug tools, such as Spring, Eclipse, Bamboo, Jira, Git, Maven2, Jenkins, Junit, JMeter, etc.;
- Experienced working with SQL and NoSQL databases to produce fast, data-driven solutions;
- Experienced producing single page applications (SPA), creating APIs which are widely adopted and used, and/or writing cloud-based micro-services;
- Experienced integrating solutions from third parties;
- Experienced with scalable and reliable system design and implementation;
- Experienced with cloud-based services, like Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services;
- Experience with tools like Chef, Puppet is an advantage;
- Experience with Linux & scripting (bash/perl/ python etc) is an advantage;
- Ability to understand client’s requirements and needs, and translate functional requirements to technical solutions;
- Ability to understand business value of developed features and prioritize based on this;
- Proactive, result oriented, creative and open person with strong client- and team orientation;
- Fluent in English language. Other European language skills beneficial.
- A challenging job at one of World's biggest IT companies;
- Decent secondary working conditions;
- A dynamic working environment;
- In which excellent performance is rewarded by fast-tracking to the next career level whatever your background may be;
- 28 holidays.
About Tech Data
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services, and solutions. Companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft—and hundreds of others—depend on us to bring many of their products to market. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through our logistics centers on their way to market.
IT resellers around the world—our customers—depend on us to support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB), large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Doing business with Tech Data gives solutions providers access to a vast array of technology products, including the latest data center, software, cloud, mobility, and consumer technology offerings. These products are offered in conjunction with a comprehensive range of technical, business support, and value-added services, including certification, training, configuration, installation, marketing, financing, and integrated supply chain services.
Our team is the best and brightest in the industry, as diverse as the products we provide, and propelled by a passion for winning that fuels an entire company. Dedicated to a proven strategy of execution, diversification and innovation, we leverage our unmatched logistics capabilities and global IT platform, providing the value-added services and go-to-market strategies that enable our channel partners to thrive.
Tech Data is currently ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
For more information, visit www.techdata.nl.