Director Dangerous Goods – Hazmat
- Functie: Director Dangerous Goods - Hazmat
- Afdeling: Overig
- Opleidingsniveau: HBO
- Locatie: Europa
- Werkweek: Full-time
- Werkervaring: minimaal 10 jaar
Do you possess strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead? Are you the assertive and creative person to do this job? Read quickly what you are going to do!
In this newly created position you will be responsible for Tech Data’s global Hazardous Materials program. You have the position to provide direction/ownership of Hazmat compliance with regulations as well as the full implementation of policies, processes and procedures in all Tech Data Logistic Centers.
And furthermore you:
- Have the end-to-end direction, leadership and ownership of the cross geographical Hazmat Program
- Will develop and execute Hazmat compliance strategy across all Tech Data regions
- Work with different countries, regional and global business owners and stakeholders across the organization to determine, develop, implement and execute effective systemic and operational controls over Tech Data’s Hazmat program in all countries
- Continuously monitor, research and analyze existing, proposed and new regulations to ensure compliance with all relevant Dangerous Goods regulations in each region and country
- Identify regulatory risks in new products and services
- Provide guidance for managing/mitigating risk
- Develop and chair Tech Data’s ‘Dangerous Goods Council’
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in transportation compliance or compliance operations and project management
- Previous extensive experience with transportation of lithium batteries (mandatory)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- DG certifications (required)
- Experience with American, European and AsiaPac Dangerous Goods
- The ability to work constructively under stress and pressure when facing high workloads and deadlines
- A great new opportunity where you can take ownership
- A competitive salary
About Tech Data
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services, and solutions. Companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft—and hundreds of others—depend on us to bring many of their products to market. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through our logistics centers on their way to market.
IT resellers around the world—our customers—depend on us to support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB), large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Doing business with Tech Data gives solutions providers access to a vast array of technology products, including the latest data center, software, cloud, mobility, and consumer technology offerings. These products are offered in conjunction with a comprehensive range of technical, business support, and value-added services, including certification, training, configuration, installation, marketing, financing, and integrated supply chain services.
Our team is the best and brightest in the industry, as diverse as the products we provide, and propelled by a passion for winning that fuels an entire company. Dedicated to a proven strategy of execution, diversification and innovation, we leverage our unmatched logistics capabilities and global IT platform, providing the value-added services and go-to-market strategies that enable our channel partners to thrive.
Tech Data is currently ranked No. 108 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
For more information, visit www.techdata.nl.