Microsoft Teams for Meetings Business Development Manager
- Function: Microsoft Teams for Meetings Business Development Manager
- Department: Maverick
- Education: Bachelor, HBO
- Location: Bodegraven
- Workhours: Full-time
- Workexperience: 3 tot 8 jaar
If you like ownership, having an impact and working in a passionate, innovative environment, with the potential to work with global teams, then this could be the job for you!
Maverick AV Solutions is a great place to work because of the shared passion for taking the best technology solutions to market through the IT and AV channel. We pride ourselves on being the number one global audio visual distributor, specialising in smart meetings and smart signage solutions and have teams based in 19 countries.
Partnerships are key to us and we work with leading vendors such as Microsoft, Logitech, HP and Lenovo, to name a few, taking their solutions to market. We sit at the centre point between AV and IT, at “the visual edge of platform” in this exciting time for the industry.
Our greatest asset is our people, who are leading experts in their field, bringing passion to the job and who have a great sense of teamwork, fun and dedication.
Part-funded by Microsoft, to drive the massive growth potential of Microsoft Teams Rooms, Surface Hub, Teams Displays, Room licensing and Teams Devices, and to continue our leadership position of taking new vendors and solutions to market as well as developing existing ones, we are recruiting for a talented Microsoft Teams for Meetings BDM who fits the Maverick mould. Reporting locally to the Maverick Management team but also with direction from the central European team, the energetic individual will be responsible for working across the Tech Data divisions and with the local sales teams to create and execute the strategy and plans for our Microsoft Teams based collaboration solutions. This position will require excellent communication skills, drive, passion for technology and a focus on delivery in a fast paced environment.
Working from home or from the local Maverick office but with the requirement to travel and conduct regular face to face and video meetings, you will need to be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work closely with the vendors and local countries on the execution of business plans.
You will require a tenacious approach and the ability to manage a number of projects at the same time. Maverick is a very fast paced company in a fast paced industry so flexibility and ability to work well with teams will be key to success.
The Maverick teams like to do things differently and always with a sense of fun, so the successful candidate needs to be creative and inventive with their plans and be able to follow them through to execution.
Identify and recruit Microsoft Teams Rooms partners (25%)
- Use available market insights and data (internal and external) to identify and target new resellers through partner acquisition to grow Microsoft Teams Rooms business
- Conduct outbound calls daily to a variety of resellers, prospects & current partners to recruit, evaluate current partner capabilities, share available product portfolio and sales trainings and resources, identify high potential partners
Enable sales and technical capabilities with Microsoft Teams Rooms partners (25%)
- Be the subject matter expert for M365/Teams/MTR/Surface Hub/Surface Devices and Microsoft Teams Room Standard & Premium licensing including: manufacturer portfolio, partner programs, Microsoft’s Teams GTM strategy, programs and Investments
- Enable selected resellers to design, develop and deliver device and service offers to drive the value of Microsoft solutions in the market
- Deliver effective sales & technical workshops, bootcamp and trainings necessary to build the skills and expertise of partners
- Participate, develop and/or support Maverick, Tech Data and Microsoft market activities, trade shows & events as assigned
- Develop demo capabilities with Microsoft Teams Rooms partners, support partners in delivering sales/technical/demo presentations to customers if required
Accelerate sales capacity and capability with device channel partners (25%)
- Represent Microsoft Teams Rooms devices to the channel, communicate strategy, sell the vision and bring partners along
- Develop Teams Rooms Device and services-based growth plans that align to reseller business objectives and initiatives
- Build, maintain and expand high quality relationships with technical and business executives based on joint strategic objectives
- Execute joint plans to ensure resellers meet or exceed planned ROI and develop deep insights on what’s needed to accelerate growth.
Connection point for a variety of sales resources (15%)
- Maintaining regular engagement with all relevant stakeholders in Microsoft, Maverick and Tech Data Sales Teams, Microsoft DPS, OCP and GSMO Sales Teams, 3rd Party Hardware partners in assigned market to discuss latest trends, campaigns, offers, discuss required support and conduct feedback
- Supporting resellers with Teams and Teams Rooms devices technical subject matter expertise as needed – engage technical resources as required
Keep knowledge current and deliver deep insights back to the business (10%)
- Continuously develop and expand sales (technical & channel), industry and product knowledge
- Understand the collaboration sales and competitive landscape, build insights and lead discussion on challenges and solutions
Achiever: Have a great deal of stamina and work hard. Take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.
Analytical: The ability to think about the factors that affect a situation.
Learner: Have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve.
Focus: Take direction, follow through and make corrections to stay on track. Prioritise and then act.
Positivity: Have an enthusiasm that’s contagious that helps get others excited about what they’re going to do.
- Able to converse and write effectively in English; additional languages preferred;
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with executive level leaders across multicultural locations;
- Able to empathise with and communicate to all levels in an organisation;
- Possesses AV / IT industry knowledge and understanding of vendor products;
- Direct experience in sales, vendor management and marketing;
- Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security applications & services, Windows 10, and Teams Rooms Devices; and competitive product knowledge;
- Experience and ability to explain key solutions and architectures, including Microsoft Teams Rooms Device solutions, applications, and Application Integration Services;
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols.
- 3 to 7 years’ AV or IT industry experience;
- Experience working with members of the Microsoft sales field, SIs, and OEM & channel sales partners;
- Technical IT and audio-visual knowledge;
- Clear technical understanding of how to build multi-vendor solutions.
- Offer you challenging work within an enthusiastic and driven team;
- Provide room for own initiatives and ideas;
- Give you the opportunity to develop yourself;
- Offer a contemporary workplace with good coffee and fresh fruit;
- Offer you a company car;
- Pay you a competitive salary plus variable remuneration, 28 vacation days and arrange your pension.
About Tech Data
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services, and solutions. Companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft—and hundreds of others—depend on us to bring many of their products to market. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through our logistics centers on their way to market.
IT resellers around the world—our customers—depend on us to support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB), large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Doing business with Tech Data gives solutions providers access to a vast array of technology products, including the latest data center, software, cloud, mobility, and consumer technology offerings. These products are offered in conjunction with a comprehensive range of technical, business support, and value-added services, including certification, training, configuration, installation, marketing, financing, and integrated supply chain services.
Our team is the best and brightest in the industry, as diverse as the products we provide, and propelled by a passion for winning that fuels an entire company. Dedicated to a proven strategy of execution, diversification and innovation, we leverage our unmatched logistics capabilities and global IT platform, providing the value-added services and go-to-market strategies that enable our channel partners to thrive.
Tech Data is currently ranked No. 88 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
For more information, visit www.techdata.nl.