Business Unit Director
- Function: Business Unit Director
- Department: Maverick
- Education: WO, HBO
- Location: Bodegraven
- Workhours: Full-time
- Workexperience: 5 tot 8 jaar
Maverick AV Solutions is looking to appoint a Business Unit Director for its Netherlands business.
We are looking for an exceptional leader to drive the company’s strategic vision, with a dynamic personality and excellent grounding in AV or IT.
Maverick AV Solutions is the number one global audio-visual distributor, specialising in smart meetings and smart signage solutions, with teams based in 16 countries. This role is also part of the Maverick European Leadership team, working alongside an exceptional group of country business unit leaders.
Partnerships are key to us and we work with many of the most exciting brands in our sector including Microsoft, Logitech, Zoom, Samsung, Barco, NEC, Epson and Unilumin, taking their solutions to market and creating new categories in this dynamic and fast-paced space.
We sit at the centre point between AV and IT, at this exciting time for the industry. Changes to the way people work and communicate over the last twelve months puts us at the forefront of a revolution, with a huge opportunity to work alongside our partners and bring truly exceptional experience to workplaces, retail, public spaces, venues and education.
You must be able to motivate and manage your team, based in Bodegraven but also work collaboratively across borders to help us drive innovation and change to reflect the market.
What it’s like to be a part of our team:
Our greatest asset is our people, who are leading experts in their field, bring passion to the job and have great sense of teamwork, fun and dedication. A critical part of this role will be nurturing, recruiting and managing the right talent, encouraging diversity and developing a culture where people can grow and thrive. The Netherlands team is small but the brand is growing at an exciting pace and we’re looking for a motivated individual to provide strategic guidance and leadership across the board.
We’re rich in innovation and offer a consultative approach with our vendor partners to ensure we maximise the potential in each market, so ideally you will have good existing knowledge of smart meetings and smart signage, or the ability to rapidly become a specialist.
You will report directly in the Maverick VP for Europe, with dotted line into Tech Data Benelux VP, ensuring that you operate both in your own specialist sector while also understanding the operations of the wider business. You will have full ownership of divisional business plans, and being able to operate a specialist business within a huge corporate organisation will be critical to success.
- Working to implement strategic initiatives driving growth across the business;
- Total profit and loss ownership including managing purchasing, sales and pricing policy;
- Nurturing and developing relationships with all our vendor partners, creating and overseeing implementation of business plans;
- Leading a growing team, ensuring focus is given to creating a long-lasting culture that people want to be a part of;
- Reporting to the SMT and ELT, providing market insights and company updates, and being part of setting the strategic pan-EU direction;
- Developing relationships with all the business’s key customers to provide strategic insight to the team and market development opportunities;
- Being part of the continual transformation of the business as we set the pace for the market;
- Overseeing the company's business operations and financial performance;
- Creating, guiding, and delegating a management team within the business;
- Assessing, managing, and resolving problematic developments and situations;
- Maximising Tech Data key stakeholder engagement up to board level.
- Leadership and development of teams;
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- P&L ownership experience;
- Ability to excel in high-pressure situations;
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills;
- Ability to interpret and articulate business and team challenges, and formulate pragmatic, effective recommendations for key business decisions;
- Multi-level relationship builder;
- Experience of the IT marketplace including our competition, customers and vendors;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- 5 to 10 years of AV/IT knowledge essential;
- Cloud, IoT, Analytics and Security experience preferred;
- Distribution or channel experience preferred.
- Offer you challenging work within an enthusiastic and driven team;
- Provide a complete induction program;
- Give you training and development opportunities;
- Offer space for your own initiatives and ideas in a contemporary workplace with good coffee;
- Pay a competitive salary plus variable compensation, give you 28 days of vacation, travel expenses and we arrange your pension.
About Tech Data
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest distributors of technology products, services, and solutions. Companies like HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft—and hundreds of others—depend on us to bring many of their products to market. Many of the hardware devices and software applications that you use in your daily life have passed through our logistics centers on their way to market.
IT resellers around the world—our customers—depend on us to support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB), large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Doing business with Tech Data gives solutions providers access to a vast array of technology products, including the latest data center, software, cloud, mobility, and consumer technology offerings. These products are offered in conjunction with a comprehensive range of technical, business support, and value-added services, including certification, training, configuration, installation, marketing, financing, and integrated supply chain services.
Our team is the best and brightest in the industry, as diverse as the products we provide, and propelled by a passion for winning that fuels an entire company. Dedicated to a proven strategy of execution, diversification and innovation, we leverage our unmatched logistics capabilities and global IT platform, providing the value-added services and go-to-market strategies that enable our channel partners to thrive.
Tech Data is currently ranked No. 88 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
For more information, visit www.techdata.nl.